Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment
Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment publishes scientific articles dealing with the interface between agroecosystems and the natural environment, specifically how agriculture influences the environment and how changes in that environment impact agroecosystems. Preference is given to papers from experimental and observational research at the field, system or landscape level, from studies that enhance our understanding of processes using data-based biophysical modelling, and papers that bridge scientific disciplines and integrate knowledge. All papers should be placed in an international or wide comparative context.
The focus is on the following areas:
• Biological and physical characteristics and dynamics of agroecosystems.
• Ecology, diversity and sustainability of agricultural systems.
• Relationships between agroecosystems and the natural environment, including land, air, and water.
• Agroecosystem and global environmental changes including climate change, greenhouse gases and air pollution.
• Ecological consequences of intensification, soil degradation, waste application, irrigation, and mitigation options.
• Environmental implications of agricultural land use and land use change.