Sensors and Actuators, B: Chemical
Sensors & Actuators, B: Chemical is an interdisciplinary journal dedicated to publishing research and development in the field of chemical sensors and biosensors, chemical actuators and analytical microsystems. The journal aims to promote original works that demonstrate significant progress beyond the current state of the art in these fields along with applicability to solve meaningful analytical problems. Review articles may only be submitted upon invitation from an Editor of the journal.
The journal aims to publish works that are supported by experimental results and as such purely theoretical works are not accepted. The analytical performance in all analytical parameters needs to be reported and critically compared with the state of the art. Sensing applications will be considered only if they refer to analytically challenging complex samples and are properly validated.
The scope of the journal encompasses, but is not restricted to, the following areas:
• Novel chemical sensing and biosensing concepts, mechanisms and detection principles
• Development of chemical sensors and biosensors
• Fabrication technology of chemical sensors, biosensors, chip-based detection devices and chemical actuators
• Chemical actuators including soft actuators, micro- and nanomotors, microfluidic components
• Photonic and biophotonic sensors and chemical sensing systems
• Lab-on-a-chip, Micro Total Analysis Systems (µTAS) and other biochips and microarray systems
• Sensor and sensor-array chemometrics